Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm Back


So I am back in NYC after two long weeks in the Pacific Northwest. I have not been to all four cities (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria) since 1999. It was great to go back but a lot has changed. I must say I was impressed with Victoria (especially the greenway/trails) and Portland for the ease of walking, great public transit, and bike infrastructure, although, I felt the downtown was lacking in comparison to downtown Minneapolis.


Over the next few days I will post about each city and the things I really enjoyed and didn't like. It was interesting to go back to these cities and have a fresh perspective and view things more from a urban planning point of view. Seattle and Vancouver, at least for me, did not live up to all the hype they get and the high cost of living.

Here is my list from best liked city to least:

1. Portland, OR
2. Victoria, BC
3. Seattle, WA
4. Vancouver, BC

No comments: